ifs halfshaft axle help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive got a 96 k1500 with 6 suspension 3 body lift

keeps breaking half shaft axles due to extreme angles

wondering if there is any other route to fixing this problem other than the 500 dollar custom

extreme angle cv axles rcv offers

i dont know that i can swing 1000 to fix this problem

any advice?

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
are you beating the **** out of it? if you are take it easy, if its cranked lower it down some, run a 35 inch tire at most with stock ifs front end. idk what lift you have but thats the best i could tell you. id assume your prob running a 38 inch tire hearing that info.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you don't have stock keys, get some and run flat angles.

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i bought this truck lifted like this i think its a tuff country

they dont always do it, just every once in a while i will hear them clicking because the upper u joint breaks

the truck is leveled, and ive got 35 inch thornbirds on it

i had the keys put back where they told me they should be when i had the alignment done at a 4x4 shop

they told me it was leveled so.. not sure

no i dont beat the **** out of it the truck rarely sees mud and if so its not on purpose

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so im guessing my lower control arm is sitting down too far

if i back off on the keys adjuster bolt will i have to get another alignment?

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if i change my shocks will i need an alignment

i had my lower balljoints pressed in, and when i took my lower control arm off i took the whole torsion bar up ther ewith me

i marked one of the bolts and not the other, the problem is the 4x4 shop i took it to "leveled" the truck and i belive

the angels on my cv axles are still too much because its thrown its third halfshaft