IAC Valve Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installed a new BWD (from Oreilly's) and what a world of difference. The truck now has the power I was expecting from the tbi mods. Idle is still high but I have yet to drive it as part of the relearn process from disconnecting the battery. On a side note, the AC Delco, and BWD part are absolutely identical; engraved numbers and all, makes me wonder why I paid $100 for what was supposed to be an oem part, instead of the $35 with my discount. Doesn't surprise me though. Will report back if idle returns to normal.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Installed a new BWD (from Oreilly's) and what a world of difference. The truck now has the power I was expecting from the tbi mods. Idle is still high but I have yet to drive it as part of the relearn process from disconnecting the battery. On a side note, the AC Delco, and BWD part are absolutely identical; engraved numbers and all, makes me wonder why I paid $100 for what was supposed to be an oem part, instead of the $35 with my discount. Doesn't surprise me though. Will report back if idle returns to normal.

So you had an AC Delco one first? Cause I had a BWD one and replaced in with an AC Delco for the same reason lol, glad to hear it seems to be better

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Truck idled fine on the 14 miles to and from work, yet had high warm idle during short delivery trips throughout the day. Going for a datalogging ride to see if I can discover anything.

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing unusual on the datalog. Idled fine, returned home and immediately restarted; high warm idle, as if nothing was remembered. Facking annoying.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Cool,the same one I use.

Couple of questions...does the TPS percent read ''0'' at idle? and is the actual idle close to the desired idle speed?

Last edited: