I think I scored a deal, maybe...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
$830 delivered to my garage, 2001 3500HD, Vortec 8100, Allison tranny, 10' flatbed, 140k on the clock.... former Verizon bucket truck, no rot except on bottom of doors. (New England truck, so that is unheard of) Motor cranks over but not running.. probably the dreaded Crank position sensor.

I couldn't pass it up as the guy was going to scrap it. It will most likely replace my crunchy 93

You must be registered for see images attach

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking great for a new england truck, I would know I'm right down the street from the town on the lettering, one hell of a deal! I hope its something easy so you can get it up and running

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Turns out it's a solid deal.. replaced the crank position sensor, no dice. Cam position sensor arrived today so I went out during my lunch break and swapped in... fired right up after a 5 or 6 year slumber.

The lifters quieted down and it sounds real good.. even moved on its own. Of course brake lines popped and oil is leaking from somewhere, but I imagine i'm going to be replacing a bunch of "soft" hardware anyway