I think I scored a deal, maybe...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am absolutely floored and jealous! I want an 8.1L powered HD in the worst kind of way, all the ones around me are either ran into the ground or in pristine condition...and either way the sellers want top dollar.
Looking forward to seeing progress on this truck!

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I am absolutely floored and jealous! I want an 8.1L powered HD in the worst kind of way, all the ones around me are either ran into the ground or in pristine condition...and either way the sellers want top dollar.
Looking forward to seeing progress on this truck!

I've read that guys in your area are actually going north to buy them, now.

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Minor update.. replaced some brake lines and drove it around town a bit. Runs good and shifts great, seems to have all its horses and definitely rides like a truck.

It still throws a P0342-P0343 cam position sensor (with new sensor) and a P0405 EGR code.

iI have been reading about the upgrade to the later style timing set and cover and new sensor but wondering if maybe I just have a bad connection at the sensor? getting dark early and too damn cold to work on stuff now.

I have also been reading up on the changes GM made to the timing set and cover along with new sensor, but will have to diagnose it first.