I really need some help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
My truck has been getting a little worse everyday. I'm not to great with gas engines, but when the truck warms up, if I give it a decent amount of throttle, it just bogs out. It quit doing it for a day, but it's back now. The truck doesn't die, I just have to back off the fuel, and gradually ease into it. It ONLY does it when it warms up. It does have a bad water pump, but it isn't leaking to bad yet so I haven't gotten around to it. Could that cause it? I've heard it may be a temp sensor? My fuel filter is fine and I blew out the fuel line. Sometimes, when it boggs, if I leave my foot in the same position it will sometimes pull out of it. I'm totally confused here. Anybody know what's up?

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
There is no codes, and that doesn't explain why it only does it when warm. I've had fuel pumps die before, this isn't it. There is also no gas/coolant in the oil. No smoke from the exhaust.

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
It does smell a little rich when running. Nothing to bad. But you can notice it.
Fuel pressure is fine. When it is cold it will run fantastic. But when it's warm, it acts as if it is over fueling. I cant tell if it smokes black, because i only drive it at night, and it's tough to see. I'll try to get out today before work.
Also. It quit doing it right after I filled it up with fuel. It didn't do it for a whole day, it sat for two days, now it's back.

Last edited:

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
yeah had that happen on my 94 blew black out the tailpipes then would die and after awhile it would start back up

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think i'm smoking black. And it doesn't die neither. But you can for sure tell it's rich. Maybe I need new plugs, possibly fouled from how rich it runs? A combo of that and a bad sensor could be my big issue here.