I paid $179.97 to have parts shipped 9 miles... WTF?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ordered new leaf springs from a reputable online company. The shipping charge was $179.97. I figured they are heavy and coming from out of state - ok. Then I got the leaf springs and noticed that they were dropped off by fedex. The fedex shipping label showed that they were picked up from a spring company that is 9 miles from our house. The fedex terminal is between our house and the spring place...

$179.97. That is ****** up.

I guess I will start buying my parts somewhere else.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
sounds like Rock Auto

That's what I was thinking.... they wanted a ton of money to ship a gas tank to me. Usually, their shipping rates are fine, for regular sized stuff. I checked what it would cost to ship a couple of springs to me through Rockauto and it was about $130, and I'm in MI. Husky is in MN, so I assume the OP got springs from them. I have no idea if Husky actually makes springs, as they seem to have lots of parts on their website.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really needed them, so I would have been ok with taking it with a bit of lube. Instead of lube, it feels like they used road salt.

wheelman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They dropped shipped them.used the supper fast FedEx shipping.like one day.or over night.maybe you could of chosed a slower shipping and saved some money.but those shipping dollars we're shared.between.parts people and FedEx.how much was the weight.they do charge more for.a heavy weight.like over fifty pounds I think.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They dropped shipped them.used the supper fast FedEx shipping.like one day.or over night.maybe you could of chosed a slower shipping and saved some money.but those shipping dollars we're shared.between.parts people and FedEx.how much was the weight.they do charge more for.a heavy weight.like over fifty pounds I think.

Yep. If I had to do it over, I would drive to Husky and buy the parts there. Lesson learned.

1BigCarrot

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know how you feel mate. I bought the 5+1 pack from SDTrucksprings.com and paid USD$150 for truck freight. When I placed the order I hadn't realised the shipping agent I was sending the items sent too, had moved a couple blocks. I didn't think it was going to be such a headache but the **** that unraveled and took place, I certainly learnt something.
Between SDTrucksprings ignoring my emails and messages via their website, R&L Carriers giving me the big fob off (I'm not their customer blah blah, need written authorisation from UGC etc)

In the end I sent a blanket email to all involved and I eventually received this:

You must be registered for see images attach

Difference in addresses = 13mi

You must be registered for see images attach

The shipping agent drove to their old address and collected the springs.

I purchased a cowl hood on Amazon at the same time, and it was sent by Jegs. They at least didn't ignore me, they just balantly refused to deliver the item, recalled it and then took three weeks to refund my money. Amazon was no help at all. Fun times.