I hope this is the right place to post this. I am trying to find the flasher wire in my taillights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianblanton

Reaction score
I am trying to put led's in my taillights, and I am hit with the hyperblink (burnt out bulb) that comes with the led's using much less current than halogens. I am trying to find out which wire is the flasher wire. (black, brown, yellow, green) in the taillights. I am trying to add a resistor inline in the engine compartment. I hope this doesn't violate any posting regulations.
Thanks in advance.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So to clarify, you are putting LEDs in the factory tail lights? If so you'll need to use SRCK compatible LEDs in the middle sockets. Standard LEDs will be fine in the top and bottom sockets but you absolutely need SRCK compatible LEDs in the middle.

Also not sure why you're trying to add resistors... You can just change the flasher module to eliminate the hyper flash.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ECM type and emission programming therein doesnt matter to turn signals. What matters is the pin design of the signal flasher. In this case a 5 pin, rectangular unit.

The "EP29" flasher is a time based flasher, rather than based on electrical load. As @df2x4 said, choose the LED correctly and don't cut/splice the OE wiring.

Last edited:

brianblanton

Reaction score
So to clarify, you are putting LEDs in the factory tail lights? If so you'll need to use SRCK compatible LEDs in the middle sockets. Standard LEDs will be fine in the top and bottom sockets but you absolutely need SRCK compatible LEDs in the middle.

Also not sure why you're trying to add resistors... You can just change the flasher module to eliminate the hyper flash.
thanks for the input.

brianblanton

Reaction score
ECM type and emission programming therein doesnt matter to turn signals. What matters is the pin design of the signal flasher. In this case, a 5 pin, rectangular unit.

The "EP29" flasher is a time based flasher, rather than based on electrical load. As @df2x4 said, choose the LED correctly and don't cut/splice the OE wiring.
thanks! I am new to putting in led's and any help is appreciated.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's exactly what I did with my '00 Yukon Denali. Projector white in the reverse socket. Red CK LED"s in the other 4, and an EP29 flasher. Red because the hyper bright, hyper white light shows pink in the OE red lenses, or even in my case, smoked red lenses.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is there a replacement flasher module available? If so, can you post it here?

Both of my trucks are still running standard bulbs in all the signals so I have no first hand experience with this, but the SuperBrightLEDs website recommends this EP-29L for a '95 Suburban.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor.../839/?make=16&model=475&scc_id=1455&year=1995

SRCK compatible LEDs, never heard of em. Not good with abbreviations.

I'm not actually sure what the abbreviation stands for fully, I know the "R" is "Red." :lol:

Basically "SRCK compatible" just means that the LEDs are set up with both grounds on the same side of the wedge base, which is necessary for proper operation with the factory tail light circuit boards in these trucks. Here's a link to some suitable SRCK compatible 3157s on SuperBrightLEDs.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...3557/?year=1995&make=16&model=475&scc_id=1442

Note that if you're running aftermarket tail light housings that eliminate the factory circuit boards, this doesn't matter any longer and you can use any LEDs in the middle sockets.