I can't peel out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
On a side note. I've got a "mostly" stock TBI, 3.42's, and 33's. She'll lay a one tire fryer down quite a few city blocks.

SilveradoGuy85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used to do it all the time in my truck. I could only leave real smoke and all if I power braked it. It would do thick smoke and leave nice marks. Mine could easily do it and it's basically stock, just K and N air intake kit and Flowmaster exhaust. When I used to do then I only had the exhaust. It would even easily do it when the rear diff was locked into posi (back up a few feet and then move forward a little and it locked into posi). I have the 5.7 350 Vortec and 3.73 gears with a G80. It did it fine with both regular street tires and BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/As.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Mine doesn't ever want to..I could probably make it if I wanted to ruin some tires. Lol. Never tried too hard

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Nonsense! Lets use Jake as an example, lol. I have done a few myself, in both a worn out 5.7, and the 6.5.

My truck didn't like to. I blame the stupid 3.42s.

thanks jeramy and i had 342s in my last truck with 33s and rooling back slightly shed lock posi (no locker) if i dumped the clutch its on video but the vidoe was posted to facebook and i cant link it here heres a video of my old 94 though

the sound may not work right
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUBv-tfYPQc

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
You guys saying TBIs wont spin tires are crazy :lol: mine'll lay down two equal black marks if i keep her straight and play with the brakes/gas. I literally dont have to put any effort into it. I can pull out of the driveway, shift into drive, and tap the gas and it'll break both loose. 31"s on 3.42 gears. The torque through 1st and 2nd is absolutely incredible in mine. Also, stock tbi 355 (slightly bored-over), all i have in it is an injector pod spacer.

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
305 tbi 373 gears will light em up no problem, chirp 3rd gear even ;)

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
My automatic can't chirp gears. :(

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
4x2 vs 4x4 isn't an equal comparison at all, nor is a 4l80/th400 vs 4l60/th700 due to the power loss at the wheels. if your rear brakes are actually adjusted and working correctly it will probably struggle to over come them, don't mash the brakes, just use enough for the fronts to hold it. the type of pavement makes a huge difference also, if your on a wore in tar and chip road on a 90* day its going to be greasy and spin a lot easier.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck did with 3.42 and even with my 3.73 gears I have now in fact the back will start to wheel hop when power braking.

Install a set of under drive pulleys I bet it would help maybe you need to give it a good tune up.