I can't peel out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wcgren20

Reaction score
I have yet to look at my gearing but with a 5.7 350 tbi i'd expect some spinning.. not just a slow-ass poor excuse of a take off.....

I have a similar setup as you, 94 blazer 5.7 tbi, my truck has a 3.42 rear end (gu6 code in glove box). I have been "tuning" it by fuel pressure and whether it will burn out or not. I replaced my map sensor and it would smoke em on a brake stand. I have never been able to even chirp from a good start tho. There's a lot of factors, but I feel like it should be able to, so that's my goal. Not just bc I want to burn out, even tho it's good to know you can when u gotta flex on somebody, but It's my way to gauge overall performance.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mines just a stock rebuilt 350 tbi and it has 3.42' s and had 255/70's now has 285/75's and it would spin either really good. I also have a stock th350 too and stock torque convertor, 700r4's should do better due to lower first gear.

sometimes mine does better then others though anymore.

a lot of things come into play sometimes, tires, hot or cold, making them stick good or not, roads, power of the engine, shape it's in, the trans the rear the ratios everything.

now I know one thing too, I had a real mild 350 in my monte carlo, 3.42' and 215/65's put in a 2k stall convertor, and it would barely do anything. I had a comp 68 h cam and had a shift kit, it would spin some after the stall let off, like when you let off the brakes, but from a stop and try it nothing, same setup except with a 305 same tires same trans, stock torque convertor though, big thing STOCK TC not a stall, and it'll smoke em.

HIGH BOWTIE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can break them loose but it the grass lol drive pavement power braking? She's not havin it...yet

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
OP..... you got newer plugs, wires, cap, rotor, clean injectors?

Ive driven some clean looking trucks that when you give it gas, its like the truck got the wind knocked out of it.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Had to test this theory myself tonight. I can burn rubber pretty nicely as well, didnt overdo it since I don't wanna ruin my tires, but mine can.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to test this theory myself tonight. I can burn rubber pretty nicely as well, didnt overdo it since I don't wanna ruin my tires, but mine can.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

I can do a break stand in mine but taking off in a straight line.......yeah.....nothin....

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
I peeled out today on some asphalt with a little bit of pebble and road debris.. but nothing on dry pavement.. :shrug: guess due to lack of torque

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
e3 spark plugs try them theyre awesome u don't have to gap them I got them