HVAC Won't Blow From Dash only Floor or Windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454C2500

Reaction score
My HVAC won't blow from the face outlets. Only floor or windshield. I have that digital HVAC with the recirc button. If I tell it blow from the face outlets it will close them off and you can hear the blower motor working hard without anywhere for the air to go. When you put it to floor or windshield it has no problem. Blend door issue? How do I unplug and plug in the USB on this?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
There are a pair of arms that the mode door actuator controls, chances are the spring has sprung itself from in between them. You'll have to remove the CDM to get access to the actuator and arms to see if they're still properly attached.

454C2500

Reaction score
There are a pair of arms that the mode door actuator controls, chances are the spring has sprung itself from in between them. You'll have to remove the CDM to get access to the actuator and arms to see if they're still properly attached.
Ooof removing that CDM makes my eyes bulge out lol. I will get back there and check that actuator :sad: