hvac lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jt1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok so i was putting in my stereo yesterday and i got that done and then i turned my lights on and everything works except my hvac lights. did i not plug something in, or what do you think? ill take it apart again today and double check

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Probably pulled the wiring bundle and unplugged the HVAC connector by mistake.....

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. There's no connection between the radio and the HVAC except that the wiring bundles for both run back there. It's likely you dislodged the connector when you did you radio. Even more likely if you pulled on the harness any.

Either way, you're going to have to open the dash back up to find the problem. Since it's isolated to the HVAC illumination, start at the connector for the HVAC. There are 3 connectors back there IIRC.

Connector C3 has the illumination circuit for the HVAC:

http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/wiringdiagrams/1996 Chevrolet Tahoe/Fig 2 Heater Circuit.pdf

jt1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. There's no connection between the radio and the HVAC except that the wiring bundles for both run back there. It's likely you dislodged the connector when you did you radio. Even more likely if you pulled on the harness any.

Either way, you're going to have to open the dash back up to find the problem. Since it's isolated to the HVAC illumination, start at the connector for the HVAC. There are 3 connectors back there IIRC.

Connector C3 has the illumination circuit for the HVAC:

http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/wiringdiagrams/1996 Chevrolet Tahoe/Fig 2 Heater Circuit.pdf
thanks alot for the tip!

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Didn't accidentally drop the antenna connector onto the exposed circuit board of the controller did you? Seen a lot of problems cause by that.