HVAC controls question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know which years the HVAC controls can interchange? I have a 95 and knowing that certain things on my truck aren't interchangable with any other years, I'm curious if this is one of them. I need a whole new control set up with the circuit board behind it bc I fried it. Thanks

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
AC controls: 1995 only.

However, if you buy new controls "for" a 1995, almost always (unless you find some really old stock) they'll actually be 1996-up with an adapter harness, like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

I haven't ever seen that harness sold separately anywhere, but if you look through the boneyard for 1995 models (good luck) you may find one that has already been replaced. The downside of that is buying used 1995-up AC controls is a crapshoot; they go bad all the time.

Just find your best price on a new one and go from there...

Richard

orphan40

Reaction score
Rockauto has them too. $90 for the hvac controls without ac buttons, $125 for a/c buttons, and $141 with a/c buttons and rear defrost. New AC Delco.

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright thanks, I was hoping to find a used one so I don't have to spend the money right now...at least something to get me by for the time being, even if it does end up crapping out. Thanks

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
If you're not the original owner, may be worth checking if it's already been swapped so you already have the adapter. Then all you need is the 96+ controls.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you're not the original owner, may be worth checking if it's already been swapped so you already have the adapter. Then all you need is the 96+ controls.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

You wouldn't happen to have any idea as to how to tell just by looking at it would you? If that's even possible. I know the original owner so finding out wouldn't be an issue but Im just curious.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
You'd have to pull the radio, then the adapter would be in plain sight.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
BTW when you remove the radio, the metal end of the antenna lead falling down on the exposed circuit board takes out a lot of these...

Richard

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
BTW when you remove the radio, the metal end of the antenna lead falling down on the exposed circuit board takes out a lot of these...

Richard

Well it's odd, I was replacing bulbs in the control unit and they were having issues staying fully lit. So I removed one bulb and reinstalled it and the whole thing fried, smoke and all. I really don't know why bc all I did was replace bulbs. Anyway at some point I'll give that a shot, I found a guy on CL with a 95 unit I may be able to grab