Hummer H2 wheels with GMT400 center caps (new)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vrubio

Reaction score
How did you do those lights on the truck. I have the same truck and am wanting to put lights on mine like that.

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you mean the headlights, its just standard fare for a w/t grill...nothing special.

They will be replaced by a set of JW Speaker LEDs when I can afford them.

joedee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I got this truck over 3 years ago it needed a front end rebuild and new tires so I did that. About a year later I wanted a lift but was not ready to buy new tires again so soon so I left the lift height at about 3-4 inches, as low as it could go.

I finally wore out those tires and it was time to get new ones so I bought the ones I wanted and cranked up the front end to the full 6" and installed the supplied AAL in the rear for the full lift.

The wheels are Hummer H2s I got in a trade a while back. The tires are Toyo MTs at 35x12.5x17, and the center caps are vintage 1995ish. The caps were about 1/16" too big to fit so I trimmed them down and I think they came out alright.

I was first looking for center caps from 2007.5-2009 8 lug trucks but could not find any that weren't $50/each and I found the 400 caps for $40 shipped. I used GMT800 lug nuts and plastic lug nuts to make everything fit.

How they came:

You must be registered for see images attach

Trimmed 1/2" inch or so off the end. I left the nubbins to keep the spacing correct all the way around when seated:

A lathe would have been nice, but I used a grinding wheel to "turn down" the outside edges. I just did a little at a time till they fit in the wheel but were a little snug:

Fit nice with the GMT800 lug nut cover things:

And the rest of the truck (crappy pic at work):

Do you have to use GMT800 lugs and lug covers or will the original 400's work?
By the way Thanks for this write up I am currently doing this mod . and It has helped alot.

joedee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got up this morning went to the shop grabbed my spare h2 wheel and a a chrome cap I had laying around the shop Trimmed How you explained ...Forgot my camera and phone so I headed to the house rim in tow . Noticed the wife is gone to town So I brung the whole deal in the house for a pic . Don't mind the foreground and back ground decor my wife turned my Guest room office into a guest room when we got married..

May need a little bit of shaved in spots but looks awsome

What?

Reaction score
Got up this morning went to the shop grabbed my spare h2 wheel and a a chrome cap I had laying around the shop Trimmed How you explained ...Forgot my camera and phone so I headed to the house rim in tow . Noticed the wife is gone to town So I brung the whole deal in the house for a pic . Don't mind the foreground and back ground decor my wife turned my Guest room office into a guest room when we got married..

May need a little bit of shaved in spots but looks awsome

That looks great.

joedee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks great.
As always safety glasses and gloves please for anyone interested in this...Plastic will fly pretty darn good distance
Thanks man ! If she can't find you handsome ..., At least she'll find you handy!
I used masking tape pretty much first as a guide line for cutting the 1/2 inch off of the base .Then used it on the upper sides to protect the chrome when shaving the sides down . It turned out pretty good . I think a lathe or something might be in order for a precise job or maybe a bench grinder. when turning down the diameter .BENCH GRINDER WOULD BE SAFER . but for a early morning it looks good. 4thesporty done a great job explaining the way to do this..

Last edited:

86454k30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you ever run your stock wheels with your RCD lift? I want to put one on my 98 K2500 and want to run the stock PYO 2500HD wheels but not sure if they will fit.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you ever run your stock wheels with your RCD lift? I want to put one on my 98 K2500 and want to run the stock PYO 2500HD wheels but not sure if they will fit.

Not sure if this is true for the 400's but on the Rough Country website (I know, not RCD but...) it says 17" wheels should be run with a 6" lift for an 800 series HD truck. PYO's are 16x7" if I'm not mistaken.

I got rid of my 400 almost 2 years ago so I might be a little rusty. :)