Hummer 4l80e and 1995 k3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cmstillwell67

Reaction score
Hey everyone I am needing some help with transmission info! I purchased a 1995 k3500 Silverado that is missing the transmission and transfer case. I've been watching Craigslist for a 4l80e and found one with a transfer case (np242) for 75 bucks! He said it came out of a hummer that had a 6.5 diesel with 3k miles on it. Picked it up this morning and the label on it said 5kyp and it did not have a bolt hole at the 12 o'clock position so I assumed it was from a 1995. After I got home I realized the cooler lines are far apart and that happened in 1997 correct? So the only think I can figure is that it's a 2005? There is no neutral safety switch but I can mount one. From what I can tell all 4l80e's in hummers are the same. And the plug on it looks like the one on my truck. Can anyone help me out on anything I should watch for when I try to install this?
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Cmstillwell67

Reaction score
. This is the only difference in the plug for this transmission and the plug on my truck, the 2 wires at the bottom of the pic and they are labeld t and u

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You have 97+ cooler lines and no 12 o'clock bolt hole. So unless the Hummer was special, this trans can't be any newer than 99.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Going out on a limb here but it may be possible the military Humvee parts were made to a specific standard and not allowed to change over the years, to ease serviceability in the field and cut down on replacement parts inventory. Again, really stretching here as I have no direct knowledge, just a guess.

Richard

Cmstillwell67

Reaction score
That is what I'm thinking also. I need to find the brackets to mount my shifter cable and I'm not sure what linkage I need for the transfer case. But I was really wanting to know about the wiring. I don't know what the 2 extra wires are for or if I need them