How would a body lift affect drop shackles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FarmTrok

Reaction score
I’m gonna get some hat for this but I don’t care. It’s my truck it’s how i want it to look. Anyways,
I have a 6 inch spindle lift in the front of my 92 c1500. Im thinking about a 3 inch body lift because i want to lift it more but I can’t find a bigger suspension lift kit for my truck.

My plan is to install the 3 inch body lift, but i like the squatted look. Would installing drop shackles do anything funky with the 3 inch body lift? The shackles are mounted on the frame I don’t think it would do anything weird but if anyone knows anything be much appreciated before i install them both and its at some weird ass angle.

p.s.- if anyone knows how i could lift my frontend more than the 6 inch lift please let me know. I’d prefer a suspension over body lift..

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Nope, in fact the body lift would get you more clearance from said drop shackle.

LovesDunes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have no idea what your final plans are, but why not do a solid axle swap?

You must be registered for see images attach

You can have lots of lift, lots of articulation and a much better ride.