How to stop LED Fast Flash info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
What resistors did you use
I used 6 ohm/50 W resistors because that was about the equivalent resistance of the 1157 bulb or whatever bulb was used given its wattage ect. Not sure what actually could be used, I just stuck with that. Just make sure to put them across the turn signals so they are only powered during the flashing. They will get hot at a long traffic light, or hazard flashing, so make sure you mount them to some metal. If you want to see if they work you can clip them across and check out the all the lights before you take time to wire them in. Do up the wiring good as you can, so the next guy has an easy time :)

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used 6 ohm/50 W resistors because that was about the equivalent resistance of the 1157 bulb or whatever bulb was used given its wattage ect. Not sure what actually could be used, I just stuck with that. Just make sure to put them across the turn signals so they are only powered during the flashing. They will get hot at a long traffic light, or hazard flashing, so make sure you mount them to some metal. If you want to see if they work you can clip them across and check out the all the lights before you take time to wire them in. Do up the wiring good as you can, so the next guy has an easy time :)
I found these 8ohm/50w connectors. I wonder if they'll do the trick.

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For anyone wondering, those worked flawlessly. Legitimate plug and play. I just have to figure out where to mount the resistors so I don't melt the front of the truck lol

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
For anyone wondering, those worked flawlessly. Legitimate plug and play. I just have to figure out where to mount the resistors so I don't melt the front of the truck lol
Against sheetmetal, with a thin layer of heat sink compound to help transfer the heat. Originally, I stuck mine on the inner fender near the core support, which required lengthening the wires a bit. Solder and heat shrink tube are your friends here. I took them out later when I hacked my flasher, but later re-installed them as they were required for my switchbacks and LED corners to work correctly. When I put them back in, I attached them to the flat areas of the core support behind the signals. As long as they're not touching wires or other components you have no worries.

Richard

jeremytn86

Reaction score
What does the EP29 do in relation to towing? I seen someone else mention doing that instead of resistors and they said they were gonna do the EP29 because they planned on hooking up to a trailer anyways. What would be the difference, if the trailer had LED's? Just curious as I'm either gonna modify the stock flasher or get the EP29. Thanks in advance.

jeremytn86

Reaction score
What does the EP29 do in relation to towing? I seen someone else mention doing that instead of resistors and they said they were gonna do the EP29 because they planned on hooking up to a trailer anyways. What would be the difference, if the trailer had LED's? Just curious as I'm either gonna modify the stock flasher or get the EP29. Thanks in advance.
Well, to follow up, I have since installed the EP29 flasher, it works great! I tried hacking the original first, I think I picked one of the adjacent connections also because when I turned my blinker on it flashed once, then never again lol. I have LED corners, and LED's in the parking lights (2 per side) for a total of 6 LED's up front. The flasher I got from O'Reilly's says 4-6 LED's on it. I have LED's in the rear as well, but they came with a resistor already wired in. I am gonna remove those and see if it still works next nice day I get.