How to stop LED Fast Flash info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I bought the 5-way 194 leds from superbright and they flash in sync with the park lights when the lights are off. However they still blink out of sync when the lights are on. After rereading your previous post AK49BWL that may be how they are supposed to work? I may have misunderstood so correct me if I’m wrong.
You already got the correct answer but to elaborate further, this is also how regular incandescent bulbs behave in the stock setup. Flash with signals when park/headlights are off, flash opposite of them when park/headlights are on.

Richard

JT8806

Reaction score
Thanks. I guess I have never really paid attention before but it makes sense. Thanks for everybodies help

gblotter

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did a complete LED conversion including Diode Dynamics switchbacks for parking/turn signals in front + LED corner bulbs + LED tail/stop lights.

To resolve hyper flash without resistors, I swapped out both the Hazard Flasher located in the Convenience Center and the Turn Signal Flasher located just left of the ashtray.

Hazard Flasher: CEC Industries EF28L LED Flasher
https://www.amazon.com/CEC-Industries-Electronic-Flasher-Compatible/dp/B00JXLHS3O

Turn Signal Flasher: CEC Industries EF36L LED Flasher
https://www.amazon.com/CEC-Industries-Electronic-Flasher-Compatible/dp/B00JXLHKAK/

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For all you guys talking about "diodes install" to correct your led hyperflash. Think of it this way "resistance " in a circuit is equal to heat. Non electronic or mechnical flash units operate with bimetal guts. Incandescent old style bulbs make light by heating the element in the bulb. The DC Amps meeting element heat it up. ( Hey there gumby grab that 1157 for me the one thats lit up). Leds are "streamlined" no "resistance" to current flow. Therefore old style flasher does not see anyload increase. So to correct hyperflash, installing a resister in circiut simulates an incandescent bulb. Diodes are like fluid check valves voltage only flows one direction. Not for hyperflash. Apples oranges pinecones. Or just install an electronic flash unit. Has a brain and counts 1 mississippi, 2 mississippi, 1 mississippi, ......etc. Maybe this quickie helps, or the road to hell and so forth..

Brocktoon

Reaction score
This isn't really in response to anything, just passing along some information specifically about rear LED turn signals blinking only once. Last weekend I replaced the front turn signals and after trying to wire in resistors with all of the frustration and none of the success, I went to Advance and slapped in an EP29, which solved the fronts hyperflashing.

Today I put LEDs in the rear, but they would only blink once. I wired in two of the resistors I had gotten for the fronts, and that was the fix. Pretty much everyone knows by now that if your blinkers are hyperflashing, put resistors in. But there's not much info about if they only blink once, so I wanted to put this here for anyone who might stumble upon it. Even if you have an LED flasher installed, you may still have to put resistors on your rear turn signals.

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
I think everyone has a different experience. I got both electronic flashers. Rear fine, front not. Added resistors to front, everything fine.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Led Switchback's in the front and led's in the rear. When i added the rear tail light's led's they came with resistors and i had no hyper flash.
When i installed the front turn lights using 4 resistors that were supplied with the bulbs they would hyper flash no matter how i wired them.
I ended up using a LED flasher and the problem was immediately cured. My flasher was located near my left foot on the firewall in that junction box? i think it is.

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know this is an old post but I just installed switchbacks (4 in the front) and well as some led housed corner lights. When the lights are off, the gear select light and radio illumination switch on and off with the flashers. When the lights are on, that goes away but the signal indicators on the dash stay slightly lit. I have the ep29 3-6 led relay installed from when I switched the tails to leds.

Would this be a resistor thing? I know the switchbacks I got weren't the best. Theyre these. Switchbacks and the corners are These.

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
Probably is a resistance issue. The marker lamps finds grounds through the resistance paths of the unlit park lamps in normal operation ect. of turn signal and hazards. Since the park/turn lamps are now LEDs they don't have the same resistance like the bulbs did since they are diodes. So the current in the circuit is now probably just looking for the easiest path to ground, and happens to be through some of dash lights.

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably is a resistance issue. The marker lamps finds grounds through the resistance paths of the unlit park lamps in normal operation ect. of turn signal and hazards. Since the park/turn lamps are now LEDs they don't have the same resistance like the bulbs did since they are diodes. So the current in the circuit is now probably just looking for the easiest path to ground, and happens to be through some of dash lights.
So adding a couple of resistors to the turn signal grounds would be a good start?