How to stop LED Fast Flash info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
If the leds are newer, will only the ep36 be needed for a 93 model?

If it is only regular LED on the flasher circuit, and not switchbacks or similar on the park/turn lamps, then I think that should probably work.

JT8806

Reaction score
I have a 94 and I put 4 1157 & 2 194 leds in the front parking/corner lights. I bought the ep36 led flasher for my truck and it still had hyper flash. Hacked the stock flasher and hyper flash went away but the corner light blinks with the parking lights and they’re not in sink. This only happens when my lights are on. With them off the parking lights flash but the corners don’t. What am I missing here?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
your 194s are polarity-sensitive, so they'll only work with the park lights on. They will turn OFF when the blinkers are flashing ON. If you had non-polarity-sensitive 194s, the corners would flash ON with the blinkers as well with the park lights off. This is normal operation, because the corner lights ground through the front lights' filaments - so when the park lights are on, the corner lights ground THROUGH the blinker bulbs' "bright" side. Park lights off, they ground through the blinker bulbs' "dim" side when you turn on the blinkers. YMMV, but some LED bulbs don't play nice in this arrangement and won't light up at all with the park lights off.

My 5-way 194s from SuperBrightLEDs.com are ones that DO work in this arrangement.

JT8806

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I will get different bulbs and see what happens. Any idea on why I still had hyper flash with the ep36 flasher?

JT8806

Reaction score
Well I bought the 5-way 194 leds from superbright and they flash in sync with the park lights when the lights are off. However they still blink out of sync when the lights are on. After rereading your previous post AK49BWL that may be how they are supposed to work? I may have misunderstood so correct me if I’m wrong.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I bought the 5-way 194 leds from superbright and they flash in sync with the park lights when the lights are off. However they still blink out of sync when the lights are on. After rereading your previous post AK49BWL that may be how they are supposed to work? I may have misunderstood so correct me if I’m wrong.

What you're describing is normal operation. Headlights off, corners and park lights will flash together. Headlights on, corners and park lights will alternate flashing.