How to raise your OBS gas tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
so do you need to raise the front also? or will it clear with just the rear raised?

Reaction score
Quote...

"As far as the front bracket goes, just remove it and re-drill your holes an inch higher and then re-bolt the bracket back in. This does not have to be done b/c the front of the tank is slightly above the frame. It just give extra clearance."
Sierra is correct, but if you have a plastic cover on the bottom front portion of the tank.. It has fins that hang below the frame.. Tho it dont affect anything really, it makes the awfullest sound when/if you drag..lol But this is a very good write up Sierra! :rocking: In all, id say go ahead and lift it some.. its just drilling a few holes and removes more worries about dragging the tank on something :)
Wish id seen this when i raised my rear.. now i gotta do the front! lol...

La 90sierra

Reaction score
this is some great stuff. i have a flip kit out back with drop springs in front. i'm gonna go lower in the next couple of days so this will really come in handy. thnx

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
this is what i got so far. its comin along
You must be registered for see images attach

me_tobster

Reaction score
mine is finished and reinstalled. looking at the front mount I too see that the tank is tucked ever so slightly above the frame. and the top right bolt on the front mount can not be used if you raise it an inch. I took out 1 1/4" out of the rear cross member. Once it was reinstalled I realized I would not have to trim the bottom of the cab. there is 1/8" - 3/16" gap between the tank and pinch weld of the cab. I am going to notch the front most bed cross member just to be safe. from my measurements it is going to be extremely close to the first hump on the tank. Overall a great write up thank you for posting it up for everyone to see.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
Thanks. I went 1.5 inches and it put the sending unit fuel lines up against the bed floor. The tank itself would clear but not the fuel lines coming out of the tank. I guess that 1/4 inch makes a difference.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
mines almost done, just need to clean it up and shoot it. ill try to get pics this weekend

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
me_tobster, I wanna know how ya got your hood in your avatar to do that.... WARNING: Telling me will get your design copied.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that is a tilt hood kit like the ones used on some model of cars. It's just stopped half way.