How to raise your OBS gas tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, when I was mocking up my new hood I'd mentioned to my helpers about doing that....what a coincedence, it looks like it would work well. I'm guessing it does just like the Buick Lesabres of the 90's? Hood goes up, forward, and then down over front grille. NEAT!!!

me_tobster

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that is a tilt hood kit like the ones used on some model of cars. It's just stopped half way.

You are correct. it is a set of stretched buick lesabre hood hinges. and I have a small bungee cord that hooks to the hood and holds in that postition

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Oh snap, buick lesabre hinges....would you mind starting a thread in the body forum explaining how you did it with pics and all the fun stuff? Especially how you modified the hinges and so forth. I think it looks awesome, great job there man!

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
The gas tank stays in the stock location. This just raises it up so that the tank sits above the bottom of the frame.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went 1.25 inches and had to trim some off bottom of cab and also had problems with bed floor hitting lines. Also putting the tank back in is easier if you leave the front crossmember on and put the whole thing up at once.

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
It seems it would be a lot easier to just add a fuel cell in the front of the bed and make a cover for it look good. Probably not going to haul much with it anyway.