how to justify another vehicle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hookedup50

Reaction score
I remember my friend getting a new one in 86 and it caught on fire in the driveway and burnt up two weeks later.

JJHUSSY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My excuses are: Truck is for after work and evening cruises, Camaro is to and from work, and for evening cruises. Beaumont is my life project, and evening cruises. Do what makes you happy!!!

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
I've had 3 Fieros, loved them all. My '84 2M4 (4 cylinder/4 speed), got 35 MPG on a bad day, I got up to 42 out of it. The '86 V6/auto could be temperamental, but never stranded me. The '85 4cylinder/5 speed wasn't really driven, had a blown clutch when I got it, I got it running and traded it for a '78 Camaro the next day lol.

jmc1997ck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why not invest the money intended for vehicle number two into your truck? If you have a 2k budget for another vehicle, you could dump $1500 into your truck and set aside the other $500 and start up a AAA account or save it in case the truck blows a tire, shreds a belt, drops a driveshaft, etc...

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Why not invest the money intended for vehicle number two into your truck? If you have a 2k budget for another vehicle, you could dump $1500 into your truck and set aside the other $500 and start up a AAA account or save it in case the truck blows a tire, shreds a belt, drops a driveshaft, etc...

Though for different reasons than him, I have a few reasons to get another vehicle (looking for a Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban) instead of putting the money into my current one (as much as I would LOVE to). First, there's no rear A/C in the Extended Cab, and my poor little boy burns up back there. Second, I really want an SUV to tinker with now lol. My point is, sometimes it's actually more practical to get another vehicle than dump your money into the one you have. Besides, with another vehicle, you can afford for the truck to be down a few days if you need to, say, do a fuel pump, or put in another engine you've built. I've thought many, many times of the things I could do instead of buying another, but some of those things require a second vehicle to have while it's worked on.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought a second vehicle, my ext. cab, because my reg cab is pretty beat up. Lifted up on mud tires and put to use on the farm takes its toll. I live by myself too, so if it were to break I'm dead in the water. No work or school until its fixed.