How to: Install DIC in gmt400 overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
thats what i was thinking really dont use it anyway most all gmt400 consoles are the same right because i hear the dic just fits right in

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Read my long winded post on page 18. I cover just about all the console options. http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthr...erhead-console&p=332473&viewfull=1#post332473

Pro: you put it where you want it

Cons: making look like it is supposed to be there.

They are an odd shape for cover and buttons, that will make it difficult to find a place to make it look right.

But, if you're careful and take your time, anything can be made to work....
IF you have a large opening console and can find a denali/escalade DIC, you could do this.
You must be registered for see images attach

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Read my long winded post on page 18. I cover just about all the console options. http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthr...onsole&p=332473&viewfull=1#post332473

IF you have a large opening console and can find a denali/escalade DIC, you could do this.

David makes a good point. The cadillac DIC would also make it easier to put it somewhere else and make it look like it belonged there....

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
The Denali/Escalade DIC has many more functions too, although it has no compass or temp feature.

The only issue with either DIC is the fuel range functions from what I've heard don't work on anything pre 97 due to lack of the sending information from the fuel tank.

I can't confirm that myself though.

bigblue24

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what years had this dic come out of

bigblue24

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you guys got my mind wondering about these because my girls has that in her bonneville and ive always thought it was cool

98 Chevy Swag

Reaction score
Wiring is easy: 12v, ground, temp sensor, illumination and VSS info (needs VSS to apply temp correction for moving or sitting still).

do you need the rap fuse supply along with illumination and vss i cant get the display to turn on i checked with a probe and it has power ground temp sensor is hooked up and vss maybe i just have a bad display ?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You do need to hook up both power wires (rap power is esentially ignition switched power)

Sent from somewhere in MN