How to change a front grill for a wt front to differnt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey i got a 94 k2500 with the wt front grill and i was wondering has any one changed one before?If so i want to change it too a cleaner look and no so much as a work hor.Trying to go to a clean gmc truck front grill and get rid of the wt front grill it looks like a old timer truck it sat grandpa style when i got it so i cranked the t bars up an half inch so tell me what i have to do to make it work thanks

Attachments

• SDC12741.jpg
    SDC12741.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 30

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since you have a 94, you will not need the filler panels below the grill.

You will need:

Grille
Corner Lights
Parking Lights
Head Light Assemblies

Then you will need the wiring assemblies that will switch you from a single sealed beam to the dual composite headlights.

I think thats it. It isn't that hard to do from what I have read. I will try to find you a link to a makeover thread.

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
great

well man i what to make my grill to look like your no the old work truck look but what switch i got the high and thenl low already would that work?

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the high/low switch you have will work with the new headlights.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
That is one hell of a cowpusher. I wonder if the back end lifts off the ground when he stops...

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lol thanks i love it i run over small palms when i go out to the woods all the time no problem.I found a 95 gmc 1500 front grill every thing for 150 its in nice shape but how would it work i know the switch for light.Would i just look in maual for wire dirgram and just rount a wires around and just and the other bulb right?no too sure i realy dont want to mess it up.What would be the best rount to go get a new harness with plus and stuff and then cut half way and then splace together?

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Or you can buy the harness pigtails for the 9004/6 bulbs and splice them into the orignal harness color for color. You just have to add a ground for the highbeams.

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sweet

I think thats what am going to do ,is just go ahead but the pigtails and color match them.what year grille do yall think would look good with the cowpushier