Hose from evap canister to tb broke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Replaced my freeze plugs the last week (or 3) getting everything back together, yesterday was around 0F. In the process of getting in one of the screws to the upper fan shroud, I bumped the little plastic tube that runs from the throttle body (95 4.3) to the evap canister, and, well it was real cold and just snapped. I will probably be super gluing and taping it back together, but I just can't find what the darned thing is called so I can get a new one. Any ideas on what it's called?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine kind of did the same thing on my 97 where it makes a bend just before the canister. I got about 6 inches of 1/4 rubber hose, and slid this over the broken area. This gave me 3 inches on each side of the brake. Its a nice snug fit, and doesnt leak at all.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah just splice it with some vacuum line - just be sure it's rated for fuel since that's fuel vapor in the line. If you use something lame like washer sprayer hose it will fail quickly as the fuel vapor will eat the rubber up.

Richard