'96 5.7: part fell off hose end; please help identify. May be breather hose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DennisT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll try to get photos in here. I was working around the left front engine bay, between the, "storage box," and the radiator edge. Hose comes up in that area from somewhere below canister. (is that a charcoal EVAP canister?) On top end, hose
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
has a bracket with hole that suggests some time in the past it was fastened down. Top end of hose had little, "top hat," or button shaped part plugged into it. I bumped it with my hand and that little piece fell off and is, "down there somewhere...." Rats. Still looking for it. So can anyone tell me what this hose is for? Should be common I think. And exactly what fell off? A little breather vent/cap???? That's my guess. Finally, if I can't find it, how do I locate a replacement? And how important is it all in the first place? Thanks, Dennis

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That's your front diff vent, the breather on top is pretty universal in nature. You just need one that fits your hose.

DennisT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bingo!! That was fast. Thank you. Now to figure out where/how to find/buy one. Might be better getting a new one anyway.