horn wire lead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need to replace my horn wire lead, does the steering wheel need to come off for it to be replaced? And how does horn button come off?

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can anyone help? Having no luck at Fsc.com. Over 100 views and no answers. GEtting sick of flipping the bird and not being able to use horn. Had a few close calls.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you have a 94 like in your sig, then you can just grab the horn button and pull it off, the wire spring and plastic retainer are all underneath it, you push in and turn to release the retainer.

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
excellent thanks very much. I appreciate it. I will play with it tomorrow. I found a steeering wheel puller too in my garage so if I need it I got it I guess.

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I been trying to push in this so called retainer and it wont even lock in place. Just falls out. Wtf do I do now? The simplest job turns into the worst very quickly.

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok well I found another problem. I did get wire in but I think I have a problem mid way down the column. We hooked it up and nada. So we unhooked horn itself, tested it, it worked. We went to the horn relay that worked. SO we found there is something wrong mid way through the column so me and a friend will work on it another day. Thanks Draggin95 though for help. Really appreciate it.