Hood hinges denting hood.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Jebus crisp man, your on Van.

Rust free sheet metal is everywhere.

Get thee to a wrecker and buy some new-to-you hinges.....:)

Valley auto recyclers outside Comox had more GMT400's in the yard than I could shake a stick at when I was living out there 2 years ago.....

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Jebus crisp man, your on Van.

Rust free sheet metal is everywhere.

Get thee to a wrecker and buy some new-to-you hinges.....:)

Valley auto recyclers outside Comox had more GMT400's in the yard than I could shake a stick at when I was living out there 2 years ago.....

They don't look like they are in need of replacing though, heh. Otherwise I would have done so already!
I'll have to check them out someday, about an hour and a half drive for me.
The two local yards in town are terrible. Your lucky if they go out and find the parts you need... and you shoulda played the lotto that day if they actually let you go get your own parts.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
They don't look like they are in need of replacing though, heh. Otherwise I would have done so already!
I'll have to check them out someday, about an hour and a half drive for me.
The two local yards in town are terrible. Your lucky if they go out and find the parts you need... and you shoulda played the lotto that day if they actually let you go get your own parts.

Heck no.

Ya gotta build up a relationship.

At the going off, I'd walk in, hand them a coffee and head out back through the yard door to browse the new arrivals......:)

Was the same way at powerhouse and FN99 up in Cambell.

They were a bit more uptight down around Naniamo though.....

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Heck no.

Ya gotta build up a relationship.

At the going off, I'd walk in, hand them a coffee and head out back through the yard door to browse the new arrivals......:)

Was the same way at powerhouse and FN99 up in Cambell.

They were a bit more uptight down around Naniamo though.....

Hahah I understand that and I always strike up a conversation when I'm there. I personally know one of the fellas there, he just doesn't have enough senority yet to make the executive decisions. Just gotta catch the old timers on their good days, heh.

I'll have a better look at the hinges later. Is it possible the holes in the hinge are now oblonged, causing it to move around and twist/flex the hood?