Hitting a deer.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Great job bringing the truck back to life. Most would have just sent he truck to the junkyard...

Chevy 97

Reaction score
Here is the front bumper I am using.
You must be registered for see images attach

Stupid me put the grille and filler in place before the bumper, I ended up removing it again to get the bumper on.

These side pieces I had to drill a small hole in the fender so I could secure them in place with a screw.

I thought the antenna was going to be harder to get in place. It wasn't.

I had to make a bracket to hold the PCM in place.

I had to change the multi function switch.

It was interesting getting the air bag off, then to get the key lock out was another interesting subject to get out. Thankfully You Tube has a lot of this information.
You must be registered for see images

om/albums/jj539/Chevy971/Body%20work/DSC06436_zpsefulinfn.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
In this mess of wires is the bolt I have to loosen off to get the connector apart.

This wire had to come off two.

New switch in place.

This is what was used when I my wife and I had the command start put in our truck after we first bought it.

This is what the bolt for the connector looks like.

I had to attach that wire back up the harness of the multi function switch. The heat shrink I used started to split.

All together.

After the truck inspection is done I will have to see if I can get the front bumper a little better aligned.
Rear bumper is in place, had to use 17 nuts to hold down the step pad and the impact guards.

The trim is around the wheel wells.

I just have to get the lights adjusted and see if I can get the MIL light to come on. It is done. As long as he doesn't get really picky and find something else wrong. I also pulled off the rear wheels and drums to have a look. No leaks and the shoes are alright for now, I may have to change them next winter.

Chevy 97

Reaction score
I am working on the second to the last thing I need to do before truck goes for inspection on Monday. The MIL light. Ever since I swapped the 411 PCM into my truck it never worked. I should have looked into that right away. a year and a half later I am doing that. Found I had the wrong wire taped back into the harness. I confirmed the wire that is supposed to go to the dash was correct with my Ohm meter. I am down to grounding out that wire to see if the Service Engine Soon light comes on. I swapped out the bulb with another one that works so I know that isn't the problem. If the light comes on, then I have to get a different PCM. The MIL light has to work for the inspection. That is where I am at now.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I'm enjoying following along. Good luck on the check engine light.

Chevy 97

Reaction score
I found my problem. I was giving a tip that I followed and removed the MIL light wire from the connector grounded it out and sure enough the Service Engine Light comes on. Have to get a different PCM. At least I can flash this one.

Chevy 97

Reaction score
:cheers: I picked up the new PCM, have it flashed, had a :doh2: Hommer Simpson Moment, but I was able to change my vin Number on this PCM. Also the MIL light works.

Chevy 97

Reaction score

I painted the top of the PCM. Since the original was black. Now I can say I still have a black box. I still have to get my wiring tidied up since I had to take the tap back off to check my wires. I hope to find some 1 1/2 wire loom to go over the wires. I know where I am able to get some, it is I am not supposed to be doing anything. It gets boring when you are waiting on Doctors.

Chevy 97

Reaction score

I hauled the truck to Red Deer yesterday to have the salvage inspection done. It passed. This morning I went to the insurance office and told them the truck was done, gave them the pictures of the truck after the repairs were done. I now just have to stop back at the registries to activate the truck so it can be driving back on the highway. I stopped yesterday and then entered the salvage inspection into the system .

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OBSOkie