hit and run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I went to local oreillys and was inside trying to find a part for my buddy's dodge (we are swapping in new motor), when someone comes inside saying "that big ford just backed into white chevy and he's leaving". I have a gmc and I get these trucks are often lumped together, but I didn't pay attention until the guy yelled it out again and said "he's leaving parking lot". I look up and out at my truck and said wtf. I took off running outside and he was gone to next light and making a left. Well my truck is no speedster especially with a long block sitting in the back. So I called the cops, the guy that was hollering out said he would stay as witness. Now I know my truck is not the prettiest or the best, but none the less it's a work in progress and my only means of transportation. I was more mad the guy took off. Cops arrived and got my information, the witnesses information, and just so happened they guy who hit me left his receipt on the counter. The cops were able to track him down and we had a meeting at the police station. Pretty much the young guy, age 23, panicked and took off. He said he was scared and didn't know what to do. Was very apologetic and assured he would take care of everything. He said he doesn't want a criminal background and will fix the damage, I told him if he takes care of the damage then we won't have a problem. So accident report filled and hit and run case is on hold. I was 23 once and did stupid things, I'm not the type of person who would want to makes things difficult for people in the future, so for now I have all the guys information and will put my trust in his word for now. I just wanted to vent and share with you guys.

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

94GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any radiator damage? Luckily the truck is white, a very forgiving color for touchups and its easy to find white parts in the junkyard.

I'd just outright replace the hood and grill and whatever else with junkyard parts and be done with it. I'm a terrible body worker though, maybe you could salvage more than I could.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd get a body shop estimate for this. There's probably more damage than you might think. Apologetic or not, there's no reason that you should settle for used parts or unrepaired damage. Save yourself the headache of trying to get money out of this guy and let your insurance handle it.

That's my two cents, good luck man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

94GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I went to body shop today and am waiting on estimate.

94GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any radiator damage? Luckily the truck is white, a very forgiving color for touchups and its easy to find white parts in the junkyard.

I'd just outright replace the hood and grill and whatever else with junkyard parts and be done with it. I'm a terrible body worker though, maybe you could salvage more than I could.
No radiator damage, just ac condenser and radiator core support.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Dude that sucks! Someone just hit my wife's jeep too, only we didn't catch who did it. Good thing my son is a body guy. Don't need to pay more for insurance that I already do!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
kid hit my girlfriends white truck in the parking lot at school and drove off. he took the brush guard off his truck so no one would know it was him. at the end of school the next day he told the security officer that he panicked and got off easy... pissed me off haha.

CodeRed26

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
seriously that's not bad at all (couple winters ago lost control on a residential street took my front passenger side down the side of a new chevy SUV and then into the rear end of a 2009 chevy 2500 was way worse then that and after a week and $500 you couldn't tell anything happened) sucks the grille insert is bent but in my opinion bend it back straight get a new grille rad support and hood and in an afternoon itll look just like it did

Last edited:

94GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good work, yeah it could be worse, but I am not going to be out of pocket for this.