Higher stall converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Short of cutting a converter open and cleaning it there is no way to get all the trash out of it from a transmission that failed. Fluid contamination is extremely likely.

If you need a converter in the future. I highly recomeend these guys. They concentrate on improving the efficiency of the converter while increasing the stall speed and STR. The result is alot more take-off performance, less slippage and less heat.

https://www.greatconverters.com

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trans Brake with launch control helps to get the tires moving faster.... :flamingdevil:
Had a trans "break" on my 78 Monte with a blueprinted 383, had 430to the wheels and all that managed to do was break everything behind it lol. Ended up with a built 14 bolt and then the driveshafts where victim! Was definantly fun but I garuntee a break on my truck would destroy everything, probably trans first!

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Short of cutting a converter open and cleaning it there is no way to get all the trash out of it from a transmission that failed. Fluid contamination is extremely likely.

If you need a converter in the future. I highly recomeend these guys. They concentrate on improving the efficiency of the converter while increasing the stall speed and STR. The result is alot more take-off performance, less slippage and less heat.

https://www.greatconverters.com
I pulled old trans apart and what happened was the I guess it's called a sun shell, broke from the planetary gear assembly. After close inspection of fluids,pan, and Internal trans, I didn't find ANY metal. I flushed line , old fluid looked nice and red ( since I out this trans in about 6-7 months ago. Honestly im not worried about it at all, no shrapnel was found and new trans works flawless so hope it stays that way.