High rpms, slow accel, hard shifts, no power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey man don't get to upset when your truck messes up. You have a nice truck and pretty much everything is easily fixable. I would get some 4.56's before you overheat your trans though.

This^^ On average with the 4.56 and 38's I see 20-30* higher temps with normal driving then with the 4.56 and 35's. Offroading is even worse, a hot day in the summer and slow trails will get it hot enough to pull over and let cool down.
Might also want to extend your trans vent line too, its just a little stub that lays on top of the trans now, any hole deep enough to cover it and you get stuck it'll suck water into your trans.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Well that's...interesting. Good, but still interesting
I know man its strange. Its done something similar to this before. I think its a sensor going wack on me. Im just relieved its not my trans :headbang:
Hey man don't get to upset when your truck messes up. You have a nice truck and pretty much everything is easily fixable. I would get some 4.56's before you overheat your trans though.
Thanks man you have a nice truck yourself! And now that you say that I might consider investing in a seperate trans temp gauge. That'd be pretty cool
This^^ On average with the 4.56 and 38's I see 20-30* higher temps with normal driving then with the 4.56 and 35's. Offroading is even worse, a hot day in the summer and slow trails will get it hot enough to pull over and let cool down.
Might also want to extend your trans vent line too, its just a little stub that lays on top of the trans now, any hole deep enough to cover it and you get stuck it'll suck water into your trans.

Yea thats true. Trans takes a lot of beating offroad. I might have to look into that vent line as well, is it easy to access? I might take an afternoon this week and look into extending it. Might save me in the near future considering the crazy stuff I put my truck through :crazy:

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
honestly if you havent done so already me next mods if that were my truck would be trans cooler, flush that sucker and get a semifloat 14 bolt with some nicer gearing. actually id get the rear first. trans temo guage is great but a better set of gears you will be assured will keep the temp down more.

billy boy

Reaction score
Exhaust plugged undo exhaust drive again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk