High mount third brake light gasket seal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

LoCascio_Inc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Could you show a pic of it on your truck? I like the looks of this but I also like my crusty exterior and don’t want to class it up too much with a brand new LED assembly.

Unfortunately I'm driving my Suburban right now so the red truck is in storage across town. Otherwise I'd take some nice pics. Here's a couple old ones I found looking through my stuff, though.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

ME TOO 2

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to buy a new gasket for the high mount brake light assembly for a 1998 truck? I’d even buy a whole new assembly if I can stop this leak.

The only non-ricey looking, OEM STYLE units I can find are used eBay parts with gaskets as crusty looking as my current situation.
When I replaced the one on my '98 K2500 I was fortunate enough to find an OEM fixture with gasket on eBay.
The gasket was mostly intact but very stiff.
I soaked (submerged) it in 303 Aerospace Protectant for a day and it loosed up considerably.
After wiping the surface & letting it dry I filled in the rough spots with Hylomar Blue.
The installation does not leak
IMO the Hylomar could most likely be used to make a gasket substitute as well
Here are some links

http://hylomar.com/hylomar-product-range/gasket-jointing-compounds/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XLWUO0A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this helps

eyeroc87

Reaction score
I used a swimming pool Styrofoam pad. little lees than 1/4' thick, used my old one for pattern.. put on about 4 coats of black rubberized paint. been in the Az sun for 4 years now