HIGH-4 MOD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
For the high and low I just recommend the same kelvin but get 35w lows and 55w highs. Other wise when you run the 4 hi the 8k high will be blue and the 6k will be the lighter blue and I think that will look cheesy

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the green HIDs installed on my Chevy ... We used no relays in the installation and everything seems to come on fine, just takes a few seconds to kick in good and bright ...
I want to install a relay on each ballast and run upgraded wiring to each relay ... Mainly because I want NO interfierence with my Sound Quality / 5.1 Surround Sound system ...

My question is ... I have no shows comming up for a month or to (that I can afford anyways), and I have one relay ... and my truck has 5 battereis installed ...
I'm thinking it would be ok to go ahead and do the HIGH-4 modification ... then add the other relays when I get time and money for them ...

What do you guys think ??

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the green HIDs installed on my Chevy ... We used no relays in the installation and everything seems to come on fine, just takes a few seconds to kick in good and bright ...
I want to install a relay on each ballast and run upgraded wiring to each relay ... Mainly because I want NO interfierence with my Sound Quality / 5.1 Surround Sound system ...

My question is ... I have no shows comming up for a month or to (that I can afford anyways), and I have one relay ... and my truck has 5 battereis installed ...
I'm thinking it would be ok to go ahead and do the HIGH-4 modification ... then add the other relays when I get time and money for them ...

What do you guys think ??

As overkill as your wiring is on everything Randall I am 95% sure you will be fine. :D The stock wires are 16 gauge (i think) and have pretty large copper strands. The relays and upgraded wires are really more long term solutions to reliability in the system than required for functionality.

Last edited:

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For the high and low I just recommend the same kelvin but get 35w lows and 55w highs. Other wise when you run the 4 hi the 8k high will be blue and the 6k will be the lighter blue and I think that will look cheesy

what he said my buddy has 5000k 35w lows and he got 55w 8000k high and the difference bothers me