Hid problem.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OGKoopa.

Reaction score
i have installed my DDM tuning kit yesterday and every time i turn them on, the drivers side bulb doesnt turn on. i have to turn my lights off and then back on for it too turn on. any help?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It sound like the electrical system on your truck is the cause of your problem, a Heavy Duty Headlight harness will most likely remedy your problem. You see HID's require a large amount of voltage to initially ignite the bulbs, and when the OE wiring (Which pulls the power from your headlight switch) can't provide enough power for both bulbs to ignite, only one bulb will and the other will "Flicker" or not turn on at all. A HD Headlight Harness will draw power directly from the battery, and provide the HID's with 13.8 Volts thus providing them with plenty of power. I have a HD Headlight harness in my 94' with HID's in my highs and lows, and have zero issues!

OGKoopa.

Reaction score
i have the ddm tuning hid relay harness. maybe its not hooked up correctly?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have the ddm tuning hid relay harness. maybe its not hooked up correctly?

Check all of your connections, ground, power, headlights plugs. I've heard from several people that the ddm Harness' have failed on them in out of the box due to faulty connections. You may want to get ahold of DDM and get a replacement sent out, if you have a relay harness you shouldn't be having any problems with flickering or the like.

Sideways the Seven

It's all Gravy, baby.
Reaction score
I know this thread is old but I have a similar problem with the headlights on my '96. They start up fine, but begin flickering after just a few minutes. Where can I find a Heavy Duty Harness? I see that LMC has one, is that the same thing?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The ddm harness is sold on the ddm tuning website, it's like $12 or it was recently.