HID lights wont shut off!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alljackedup408

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So... my trucks drls have never worked... i installed HIDs back in December and still no DRL.. which is what I want. Burned up a ballast a couple months ago so i got a new one and opted to order a HD harness for them. Got it in tonight... turn my truck on and now the lights come on with key on... i pulled the #15 fuse... they stay on. I click the parking brake on just a tad and baam they go out... but that is not the fix i want. I also pulled the relay by the buzzer.. then my low beams also do not work. Suggestions? The green drl light is also on in my cluster.

Alljacked Samsung.

Alljackedup408

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just went for a ridr and they didnt come on... green light is out too. Weird. Fuse 15 is connected lol

Alljacked Samsung.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Check your fuse numbering again. Fuse 15 is in the third row down, third fuse from the left. It's very easy to pull the wrong fuse by mistaking what row the numbers are printed for.

I've seen wiring errors in the relay harness where if you have both sides of the relay harness hooked to the headlight connectors, bad/weird stuff happens. Try disconnecting one side. You only need one side to activate the relay; both ballasts will still be powered.

Check that the relay isn't locked on.

Richard