Hi There

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been lurking here a while till I got myself a '96 GMC 1500 SLT, extra cab, 4x4, LB with a 5.7L and a 4L60E. It has 245,000 miles on it, but it runs...well...like a rock. Has couple of dents and scratches on it, but looks pretty good from about 10 yards away. Been wanting one of these for a while to replace my little '93 Nissan Hardbody, great little truck, but it did not have much space. Since this is my second vehicle that is primarily used to haul bikes to the track, I wanted a bed that can carry at least two bikes with all the gear in the bed with the tailgate up. I think this GMC will do mighty fine. I've had some Chevy’s in the past, mainly late 60s that I really liked, but this time around I wanted something more live able for longer trips, hauling and something that did not have **** ton of rust to deal with.

Thanks to all on here as well, since I've learned a lot about these trucks reading various posts and mean to keep this one till the doors fall off...not literally since the driver door is sagging and needs new door pins. I can do pretty much anything mechanical and electrical on a car sans body work, so I hope to become a contributing member of the community, as I address some of the things on the truck to make it a reliable, well driving machine, as a little payment from everything that I've learned from here.

Enough for the essay, pictures to come shortly. I welcome any suggestions and ideas on making this a great running truck.

Thanks,
-D

Edit: Here is the only pic I've got so far.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whoops...I need to update my profile...I'm from Portland, Oregon.

Can't post pics from work, but will get some of the truck this weekend.