HELP!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tailpipe51

Suburbanholic
Reaction score
i have no idea but i think this is axle or brake related soooooo i put my truck in either drive or reverse and give her a little gas to get going and a hear this loudish ping kind of noise (like the ping when u turn the truck off from the exhaust) but its louder and i hear it coming from the rear of the truck it only does it while i start moving anybody got any ideas????? PLEASE HELP!!!!!:(

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Sounds like one of the rear u-joints has a rusted bearing cap. Remove the driveshaft and check for binding of the caps. I'm sure it makes a chirping noise as you speed up.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
you won't know until you try lol!

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
U-joints are easy. Mark the position on the driveshaft and yoke to avoid a vibration issue. Unbolt the clamps at the rear yoke, slide the shaft out. If it's the original joint, you will need to heat the shaft loop around the caps to melt the nylon lock ring. Then using a vice and a socket, compress the caps out. Clean the rings and then press in the new U-joint. Then grease the u-joint and reinstall the shaft.

Or you can just pull the shaft and take it to a place the repairs driveshafts.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
U joints aren't bad at all...i have done a few on past projects. Just follow what toomanymonties explained and you will be good to go.