HELP!!! Removed front diff now no brakes.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea I saw that the hubs went repairable on another post in the forum. This is a lot of work just to sell the damn thing haha. And some times you get a better lesson learning the hard way. I just wish it didn't cost so much.

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well what do you guys think about this theory.

When I was taking the cv shafts out the driver side came right off with my 1/2" impact. But the passenger side I used liquid wrench, with the 1/2" impact and nothing, I also tried my 24" breaker bar with a 4' cheater bar and nothing. The I tried the home brew penetrating oil with the impact and the breaker bar set up and nothing. So my grandpa brought over his 1" impact and the cv nut gave that a fight for a few seconds before coming off. So with that in mind would it be possible that the p/o know that the bearing was going out so they just tightened the living hell out of it just to squeak by and sell it? My grandpa got the suburban at an auction then sold it to me and I've been drinking it for about 6 months and wanted to fix the leak so I can sell it to get another truck because I realized I don't like SUVs. I like trucks.

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn. Ok so it is all my fanlight then haha. And wow rockauto.com has awesome prices compared to autozone and the other parts stors around here.

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's the lead time on shipping with them? And if I can save $100 on one hub assy. I feel that I can wait a few days. Have any of you ever used the value pro from them? If so any comments?

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I used Timken Bearings. There suppose to be the best. Usually takes 2-3 days to ship to me in Louisiana.

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have used Timken bearings at work on my CNC machines and also i try to use them when they are available for my KTM but i really don't want to spend unnecessary money right now on the suburban because I am selling it in February. But if you think it will be worth it i might just get it. I'm just hoping that the other one is not going out. I checked it and it doesn't seem to have any movement when i push and pull the wheel form top to bottom but it has some play side to side and i think that is the steering linkage slop.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
If your selling the truck just get the cheap ones, they'll be fine. I wanted the good one because I'm running large tires.