Help, pulling hard left under brakes.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I don`t think the flex lines are the problem as I have cracked the fitting on the chassis where the flex line joins the steel and the low oil flow, pressure/ resistance issue remains the same as it is at the ABS motor fittings.
You checked and it has low oil flow at the caliper, at the break between the hard line and the flex line, and at the outlet of the ABS? Having fought a master cylinder issue at the race track weekend before last, I'd consider that maybe the seal in your master cylinder is failing and a chunk of rubber is in the ABS.

Lewo68

Reaction score
Yes to the checks above. Have been thinking along the same lines. Re-checked master cylinder function and appears to be fine. It seems a restriction in the ABS between the front brake outputs. The brakes on the other wheels are working perfectly. Had the manifold section of the ABS apart and found nothing in there. Have ordered a 5 port adjustable proportioning valve and see what happens when the ABS motor is removed. Another week gone while I wait for parts. Might still replace the front lines also, a shop in town can make braided lines providing they have the right fittings.

Lewo68

Reaction score
Today fitted an adjustable proportioning valve removing the ABS motor. Van pulls up straight and true! Issue fixed and brakes feel much stronger than before. Maybe the ABS motor and valve body has been defective since I have owned the van, only getting bad enough for me to chase a problem recently. Big relief and thanks for the suggestions. Cheers.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A little late to the solution, but.....
Have you greased the slide surfaces on the pads, calipers, and pins and sleeves?
The piston may be hanging up.
The steering parts may be worn, and alignment may be the issue.

Last edited: