Help ps problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mackbuster

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got in a car accident that completely destroyed my steering box a ways back. So I replaced it along with my ps pump and high pressure line for good measure. Everything was good for a while then I later got big ps fluid puddles so I put a new ps pump on as I'm no longer leaking just got really light ps at low rpm and it whines bad. On the way to work I completely lost ps It's coming and going I'm about to buy a acdelco new one for 143. I think it's the pump I feel like those cardone pumps from advanced are garbage been threw 2 in the last year. PLEASE HELP!?!?!

Mackbuster

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the positive of keeping the Evo unit and where would I find the 96 Evo delete piece I read about.

rosco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can't answer to the benefit, but I think there was a thread a few months ago, maybe on a different forum, where one of the members simply installed a non evo pump and replaced the hose so it has the bend to connect it to the pump where the evo screwed in to. I did a forum search to find it, but couldn't, that's why I think it may have been on a different forum. My google-fu seems a little off tonight. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Non evo for a vortec is a 96 pump, reservoir and high pressure line. To just kill the system you need to unplug the sensor on the steering column but you will have full boost all of the time.

Mackbuster

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the plunger behind the sensor on the resivor will that open and close with the motion of the truck

Mackbuster

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I unplugged the sensor Steerings really stiff at low speed but predictable which is good but how do I replace that sensor. Is it those clips I see on there and if I go to autozone would I just ask for a Evo sensor? Thanks

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score