help me!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adinpoor

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
So guys. Saturday i ripped off the visor on my truck. And filled the holes on the cab with silicon....so ill skip to the point. How the f do i permanantley fill them?

adinpoor

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Ok.... so noob question because i know absolutley zip about welding. Can they be ground down smooth enough that it looks like it never happenex?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yes. just don't heat up the metal soo much you cause warping. You will need some body filler to get the imperfections out. In my opinion, If you don't know anything about welding, take it to a bodyshop and have it done.

adinpoor

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Yeah... i know somone who will do it for nothing.....just curious is all.. i have yet to teach myself to weld.

firefighter_2319

more time than money
Reaction score
So guys. Saturday i ripped off the visor on my truck. And filled the holes on the cab with silicon....so ill skip to the point. How the f do i permanantley fill them?
just an idea here but, you could use some little black push clips like the ones that looks like little carriage bolts but they just push in the hole. i think they are called "christmas tree" clips. they wont be flush with the body but just a little money saver and time saver

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Welding for the first time is like telling someone to paint a car who's never touched a gun.

Sent from Jolly Green's Droid

adinpoor

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
"just an idea here but, you could use some little black push clips like the ones that looks like little carriage bolts but they just push in the hole. i think they are called "christmas tree" clips. they wont be flush with the body but just a little money saver and time saver"

I had that thought too,But hey its gonna have to be welded eventually might as well have it done asap while i still have the motivation

Last edited: