Help lowering a 1ton 1996 3500?????????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kmac69

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am trying to lower my 3500 1 ton so it will be easier to load my bike/motorcycle. I would like to do a 2/4 or maybe if I can have the same ride a 4/6. Also I was quoted 300 for just the shackles and hangers for the rear. Is that a good price? Thanks

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
The high end shackles are around $85 locally, but you can get them cheaper online. The hangers locally are around twice the cost of shackles locally....so your price is around average if you priced them locally. Online, you could get both for prolly around $200($50 for shackles, $150 for hangers). A flip kit, is going to require a C-notch, and depending on how you look at it, it can lower your payload weight. Your bike prolly weighs ~850lbs(based on the average cruiser).

Can you upload a pic of your truck as it currently sits unloaded? Also, measure how high the rear of bed(or end of tailgate) is from the ground. You might only need shackles & hangers depending on current height.

Kmac69

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told today that everything for a 1 ton is much more expensive then the reg 1500 or 2500. Do you know where I can get everything from??

Last edited:

Okcderek

Reaction score
In my experience, everything for my dually has been a little more...

Kmac69

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I am looking for some hangers if anyone knew where I could get some from. I am in TX

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can get Good shackles at O'reilly's for $39 and you can move your stock front hanger up and drill new holes in the frame, you also have to cut the 2 small ear's off the top of them, this makes it the same as a 2 inch drop hanger, it's not hard at all, I have done this multiple times with good success on these 1 ton truck's! Also for a 2 inch drop up front I have cut 1 ring off of these coil's countless times, we just did my friends 94 CC longbed 1 ton and it rides great. If you cut the front spring's do it with a band saw or a cutoff wheel, don't torch them because then they can loose their tensile strength and break.

Kmac69

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I put new shackles on today I will post pics soon. Now on to the hangers Thx Draggin 95 ck your PM