Help Identifying a Connector?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andude2

Reaction score
Hey Fellow Enthusiasts...

I’m slowly working on my 1992 Silverado K1500, and today decided to figure out my gauge cluster...(you know what word comes next!)

Poking around under the dash, the grounds are all clean and clear - next up, tracing back to the sending units to confirm wires are clean.

However! I ran across this connector, that was unplugged and for the life of me, I can’t figure out where it’s supposed to plug in! Any ideas? For reference, this is up behind the fuse block in the drivers side dash. You can see the courtesy lamp bracket, and the parking brake in the photos...

You must be registered for see images attach

andude2

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Cig port works, and horn works. Flashers do NOT work. Where’s that receiver? On the steering column somewhere? Truly appreciate your guys’ feedback!

Also, fuel gauge was a faulty floater - the whole thing had corroded off of the pole inside the tank!

Bear 77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s the plug for the under the dash light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
The flasher mount is on top of the metal frame next to parking brake handle. Just a spring clip to hold a round flasher.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
that plug is for the 552 flasher unit that is mounted under the edge of the dash board near the E brake pedal.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
this is what the clip that holds the flasher unit looks like;

andude2

Reaction score
that plug is for the 552 flasher unit that is mounted under the edge of the dash board near the E brake pedal.

AHA!! The round connector thing was in the ashtray when I bought it! And that clip in your other post I KNEW had to hold something. THANK YOU!!