Help...CODE 36

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Junior_Brazil

Reaction score
Hello guys
It's been a while since I've put anything here.
I already tried the forum here, but I did not find a concrete answer to my problem.
Recently bought here in Brazil, a Silverado C1500, year 1994. But we do not have mechanics for these cars, since they are independently imported car and our silverados use MWM 6 cylinder diesel engine
I have the following problem.
It works great, both cold start and hot start
However, I have idle with 1100rpm at cold and 1000rpm hot and it keeps wobbling (stalling)
When I'm driving at 45-50 MPH trying to keep speed, it again stalling (2300RPM- 3200RPM), as if the throttle signal was turned off and on again. The same happens when I turn on the cruise control

I have a PMD mounted on a heatsink connected with a cooler

I already put another PMD to test and the problem continues

I took the optical sensor and cleaned with acetone, as I read in another post here in the forum, but also nothing has changed

I have code 36 (The SES light only illuminates below 1300RPM)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/srzhpmpk6c...05523.mp4?dl=0
In the first video, after a slight acceleration the rotation does not fall from the 1500 and it oscillates, until it engages some march

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z10cn94ukm...04537.mp4?dl=0
And in the second video, it is showing how the rotation oscillates either trying to maintain a fixed speed or like in the video, with the cruise control on

What could be my problem?
I will have to change the optical sensor
Could it be a temperature sensor or an air sensor?
Anything else I can do?
Since to import a new IP, I would leave something around $ 2,600 (with freight and tax)

Thank you for your attention and I hope I can solve my problem.

PS. I'm using google translator