HELP changed injector clip and now truck won’t turn over.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlytle

Reaction score
I’ll throw my multi meter on there if i can manage to make it home before the storms move in. Thanks for all help!!! I will post some updates when I get my hands on her.

dlytle

Reaction score
Just checked the injectors and they are squirting fine( atleast i think).

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Just checked the injectors and they are squirting fine( atleast i think).

Start looking around the area where you were working for things that might have gotten broken from leaning over them, disconnected or accidentally moved.

Pull the ecm codes if you haven't already...

dlytle

Reaction score
I can’t find anything moved or unplugged.
I did a search and it seems rather simple to pull codes. Does the info in this link sound correct to you?
http://www.ehow.com/how_4749421_gm-trouble-code.html

I have also been reading about starter issues. I cannot remember hearing any noise coming from it. But if it was bad then the truck would just click like a dead battery right?
Thanks guys I am trying to figure out how to post videos on youtube.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Yup, use a paper clip (or similar conducting metal) to cross diagnostic terminals A and B in the data link connector under the dash. count the flashes the check engine light makes and then look up the codes.

dlytle

Reaction score
Would you happen to have a link to a simple code "cheat sheet"? All of my searches bring up thread post with one or two code explanations.

dlytle

Reaction score
SHE RUNS!!!!!! :rockit:
I was going to pull the codes when I started talking to my neighbor. He let me borrow some starting fluid. First try nothing, second try she started and blew a lot of white smoke and ran like crap for 3-4 minutes. I just keep using the throttle to keep her alive and after about 5 minutes she sounded great. I let her sit while i ate dinner and when I went to see if she would start again she fired right up quicker than ever before and had a real nice rumble like I haven’t heard in a while.
I am still going to go and see if there are any codes because I want to know what was going on.
Thanks for the link and all the help.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Might have had a bunch of bad gas, or something in the fuel filter/pump screen knocked loose. Glad shes running, but id keep a close eye on her!

dlytle

Reaction score
After driving a little i think the main problem was the gas. But its defiantly time to start cleaning and replacing the fuel system.