Hello from the soon to be frigid north.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bret

Reaction score
I saw your part about a short in the radio. If it happens to be that your back door speakers aren't working, I was just chasing that tonight. It turns out the 1999s had a factory amp under the dash, near your right knee.
When you wire the radio up, the aftermarket radios Blue with White stripe wire(amp power signal) needs to go to the factory amp signal. My factory amp signal wire pin was top row, third from the left(Pink Wire) if I remember correctly. I had the Blue w/ white split to my factory amp and to my dual 10's amp.
This factory amp only powers the rear door speakers

capitlj

Reaction score
I saw your part about a short in the radio. If it happens to be that your back door speakers aren't working, I was just chasing that tonight. It turns out the 1999s had a factory amp under the dash, near your right knee.
When you wire the radio up, the aftermarket radios Blue with White stripe wire(amp power signal) needs to go to the factory amp signal. My factory amp signal wire pin was top row, third from the left(Pink Wire) if I remember correctly. I had the Blue w/ white split to my factory amp and to my dual 10's amp.
This factory amp only powers the rear door speakers
I did find that amp and I removed it, I tried bypassing it but the wire colors did not match any wiring diagrams I could find so I used continuity to try and match up the speakers. Thinking about it now I may have introduced the short there. It won't matter when I run new wires to the speakers tho. Still trying to decide if I want another amp to power the speakers or if I should just run them off the head unit. My sub's amp seems to have a ground issue too as it's loud at times and practically non-existent at others. Getting the new booster in is top priority and I'm headed out of town this weekend, gonna get out on the lake before it's too cold, so that'll have to wait for a bit but I'll get all the kinks ironed out. I gotta have my tunes lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

capitlj

Reaction score
The booster and master cylinder are replaced. It wasn't that tough. For some reason I was thinking the studs were much higher behind the dash than they are. If it wasn't for one being rusty, of course it was the hardest one to get on, it would have been a cakewalk but I have a wide assortment of extensions and u joints and my little electric impact made short work of them. I bought the wrong damn size of hose so I can't bleed the system tonight but she'll be back on the road shortly.

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The booster and master cylinder are replaced. It wasn't that tough. For some reason I was thinking the studs were much higher behind the dash than they are. If it wasn't for one being rusty, of course it was the hardest one to get on, it would have been a cakewalk but I have a wide assortment of extensions and u joints and my little electric impact made short work of them. I bought the wrong damn size of hose so I can't bleed the system tonight but she'll be back on the road shortly.

For 50 bucks , I pay the brake shop to bleed mine after I install the parts. Miserable time consuming job.