Hello from Middle TN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick7269

Reaction score
First, I want to thank the admin for help. I had some trouble getting my account started. I asked for help and got my email confirmation pretty quickly after that. So thank you for the help guys!
I have been looking around on the site for a while trying to gather information, kinda sucks not being able to see the pictures! haha
I have a 93 k1500 that the previous owners tried to keep in good condition. I guess that is why I own it now, it is nice, but I have discovered it is lacking the power I expected. So the adventure begins.
Hellos folks!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
First, I want to thank the admin for help. I had some trouble getting my account started. I asked for help and got my email confirmation pretty quickly after that. So thank you for the help guys!
I have been looking around on the site for a while trying to gather information, kinda sucks not being able to see the pictures! haha
I have a 93 k1500 that the previous owners tried to keep in good condition. I guess that is why I own it now, it is nice, but I have discovered it is lacking the power I expected. So the adventure begins.
Hellos folks!
Welcome to the forum, saving these trucks can be frustrating at times, but usually ends up being rewarding.
My neighbor and I dropped the fuel tank and replaced the fuel pump on my Burb Monday; was trying and hard work but hearing it start up easily (when it hadn't at all for 3 weeks, and was harder to start if sitting overnight for a long time) was totally worth it!

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Wisconsin:welcome:

I've got a 94 K1500 with 307k miles. It wasn't treated great, but it's still kicking around the Twin Ports. I've got a 1989 K2500 with 441k miles. These trucks last forever, and ever. And then some.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Which engine did the General install under the hood?

Which transmission?

What's the rear-end gear ratio?

Are you using OE-sized tires?

Any ECU modifications, yet?

Does it have the 10" rear drums or the 11"?

Last edited:

nick7269

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, saving these trucks can be frustrating at times, but usually ends up being rewarding.
My neighbor and I dropped the fuel tank and replaced the fuel pump on my Burb Monday; was trying and hard work but hearing it start up easily (when it hadn't at all for 3 weeks, and was harder to start if sitting overnight for a long time) was totally worth it!
Ahh a burb, you had to drop it out the bottom. I hear that is is a project with even an empty tank!
I am about to change to fuel pump as well; I am replacing the factory fuel pump for 2 reasons. 1. I have no idea the age of the current pump. and 2. I want to upgrade to the newer model oem pump that allows more pressure. I am thinking about more upgrades in the furture, so I am just planning ahead (I hope). I ordered

GM 25163473 fuel pump

Hello, welcome !!!
Hey thank you !
woops double post
Welcome to the forum from Wisconsin:welcome:

I've got a 94 K1500 with 307k miles. It wasn't treated great, but it's still kicking around the Twin Ports. I've got a 1989 K2500 with 441k miles. These trucks last forever, and ever. And then some.
Thank you, my truck says it has 220,ooo. Hope that is right, I want to see it hit 400+ haha
Welcome.

Middle TN, is that near Middle Earth?
Yes sir, we are well grounded right here in the middle! Please see the link below

Which engine did the General install under the hood?

Which transmission?

What's the rear-end gear ratio?

Are you using OE-sized tires?

Any ECU modifications, yet?

Does it have the 10" rear drums or the 11"?
Good questions, I dont know everything yet..
Engine 5.7
Trans (I think) it is 4l60 (I just had rebuilt)
rearend gears I am guessing it is 342
recently replaced the nasty aftermarket rims with stock 1992 rims (I thought they looked better than 1993 model) wrappped with new BFG AT tire stock size tire
Honestly, I have no idea which drum is back there. ( I will look tho)

thanks you!

nick7269

Reaction score
Already installed
general tune up (plugs, wires, cap, rotor)
newer model O2 sensor 3 wire
Y-pipe
High flow cat
Flow master muffler

I am currently working on
-oem TBI rebuild
-newer model master brake cylinder
-replacement steel braided brake lines
-newer model fuel pump and 18lb spring on tbi
-meckman alternator 240v
-oem electric fans for LS

Future plan (maybe) I need to learn more...
-cam and vortex heads?
-computer chip?
-4l80?
-lower gears?

I am just a newbie with a new toy. :)

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes sir, we are well grounded right here in the middle! Please see the link below
That's called water witching here!

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rearend gears I am guessing it is 342

My father's 1995 K1500 5.7L TBI 4L60E RCLB had 3.73 gears.

It would tach around 2100RPM at 70MPH on OE tires.

Dad's truck drove very nicely. I wouldn't call it powerful, but it didn't feel short on power either. Nice torque from that engine.

About the only downside is the truck had 10" rear drums.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: