Heater Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcoatswo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right section but hopefully someone will have some input. My HVAC system blows air from all vents no matter what I set the mode selector to. I live in Michigan and its been a very cold winter but we did have a warm day on Wednesday so I did a quick investigation. For starters the linkage for the mode selector near the gas pedal was not connected, first issue found. So when trying to reconnect this I found that the little arm that sticks out from the mode door flap was very loose and moving in all directions. So I believe my current issue is that however this door connects to the pivot point on the RH side of the mode box has failed. My questions are, has anyone else dealt with this issue? Is it possible for me (with some time on my hands) to insert the metal dowel back into the hinge/cup on the other side without removing the mode box unit? And if I need to remove this box do I need to remove the dash to get to it?

Again sorry if I'm asking any dumb questions but its been between 0 and 20 degrees without the windchill where I live for the last couple of weeks now and I've had almost no time to get into physically looking at the unit myself. I'm in no huge rush to fix it since heat blowing from all vents is sort of a good thing in my situation.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
-Joe

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine will blow out of floor and console heater vents no matter what the setting is as well and would like to have selectable vents ie;just floor, combined, and just console all blow no matter what. BUT it will switch to the front windshield defroster. So im not sure that im in the hole as bad but i would also know if anyone has this problem any advice would help.

Also my heater makes a funky rattling noise whenever its not on either full blast or low. its quite annoying and also wondering if it could be an easy fix.

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
I'm having the exact same issue. The metal linkage near the gas pedal isn't connected to anything and moves all around, air blows from everywhere and is no longer selectable.

jcoatswo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I'm in the Farmington Hills area so I would be closer to TylerZ281500. I would appreciate any help I can get but I'm not in a gigantic rush to get it done because I still do have heat. I was trying to wait for a semi-warm day to take a look at it so I can head over to the junk yard while everything is still apart. Can you pm me your phone number Tyler? I can make the drive out to you whenever it is good for you and is a good day weather wise.