Heater core removal instructions needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevrolet1

Reaction score
Recently changed all the coolant hoses on my 98 305 with 191K miles. All of them were original (yes, 12 years old)!! One of the hoses had a small leak where it connects to the heater core, so I tried 2 different new clamps to no avail. Bypassed the heater core and the leak stopped. Seems I may have damaged the heater core when fighting with the original hoses. Anyone have the removal & installation instructions?

QuickOrange

Reaction score
It's super easy. Just remove the hoses from the core (which is sounds like you already did), remove the heater core cover inside the cab, remove heater core, replace with new unit, install cover, install hoses.

I don't recall entirely, but there may be a couple of bolts that hold the heater core in place, but seriously, the hardest part about changing the heater core is cleaning up the mess it makes with spilled coolant.

Chevrolet1

Reaction score
Thx, glad to hear that. I've replaced heater cores before, but heard the job on the 99+ models is much more challenging. Didn't know if this one was easy or hard.