heated seat just stopped.working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Driver heated seat quit working. It was working two days ago. I Checked both under hood fuses, theyre fine. Passesnger side still operates fine. I replaced the switch on the side of the seat, and replaced the module underneath. Any ideas?

And btw.. a new module from the dealer is $196.52.. holy schneikies!

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I would start with a voltmeter. Check and make sure you're getting power on from the wires at the fuse box. Then check at the end of the wires before the switch. Then after the switch.

If I understand correctly, heated seats are essentially just coils that heat up when they get power, not really much to go wrong except for them not getting power, but that's just my thoughts. I have no experience with heated seats.

I mean, I do live in CA after all. :rolleyes:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Check the fuse in the dash?
Those heaters are just a series of parallel tiny gauge wires. They are embedded in the foam. They have a tendency to break. Especially in the driver's seat. Once they break, heater no worky.
Only fix is aftermarket. Those are a plastic encased pad that goes between the cover & the foam. Easy to install & can be made to work with the factory switch. Couple of hour's work.

Last edited: